Wednesday 19 June 2013

An Alternative Battletech Universe

Hi!

Well as mentioned previously, I've become interested in Battletech again but don't want to be bothered with the expense of spending a fortune on the official miniatures. Likewise I don't really want to use the 6mm scale as its more satisfying to have somewhat chunkier figures on the table.

After some thought I settled on the 10mm scale clicky Mechwarrior stuff produced by Wizkids several years back as it combines a decent level of detail with super cheapness!

Heres some pics of what I've got done so far:

Davion Blackhawk Mech

I'm using whatever mechs I have for the inner sphere forces but planning something a bit more spectacular for the clans and some of the megacorporations...

 Davion Stealth Light Mechs

The EM-4 plastic mechs are brilliant and very affordable too and are just about the right size for a 10-15 ton light mech. This is one of the areas I plan on diverting away from the official Battletech universe as I want to field all manner of machines, some under the 20 ton minimum and some way over it!

 Davion Di Morgan Assault Tank

 Davion Gnome Battle Armour Squad

 Davion Force Thus Far

Essentially in my alternative Battletech universe, the great houses are still fighting it out but as yet the clans haven't turned up. The tech level will be generally somewhat higher but still allow for lots of techno barbarians and so on not to mention pirates, mercenaries and even some megacorp forces who will be able to field limited numbers of higher tech designs and even the odd AI too!

Thus far I have a few Davion pieces sorted out and am working on their arch enemies the Kurita but hope to soon have enough sorted out to field at least a lance or so of each of the Successor States before moving onto the Clan invasion.

 Mechs on Manoeuvre

 A Patrol of Davion Mechs

 Battle Armour Supporting a Di Morgan

More Mecha!

The action will be kicking off on a forested world called Farpoint and involving a border skirmish between Davion and Kurita troops!

I still need more mechs, vehicles and infantry and am going to invest in some transfers from Fighting Piranha Graphics for the great houses to give my mechs and vehicles an extra touch but for the meantime, I have plenty to be getting on with!
All the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment