Sunday 13 January 2013

Aeronef Progress

Hi!

Well its been a very busy end to the week with me beavering away on commissions while filling in application forms which require one to use all manner of bumf to big themselves up to their prospective employer!

Still I have managed to complete two nefs for my British flotilla!

 Exeter Class Cruiser

 Rwalpindi Class Colonial Cruiser

Group Shot!

I must admit I have rather enjoyed painting them and the rigging adds a pleasing finishing touch to them as well. Sadly I haven't managed to locate any stands yet so am thinking of ordering some over the coming week. Its a strange experience painting such small things as theres no highlighting, just a quick wash with ink. I also tried to go for flat colours which suit the models too. 

Speaking of which, I ran out of black paint the other day and nipped into Hobbycraft to get some more. Oddly they seem to have stopped selling GWs stuff but do sell Revell Aqua Colour. Having never used the stuff before I was rather reluctant to buy any but needs must and I am glad I did! The black has a brilliant, matt finish that I have struggled to find in other paints. The only downside is the pot which is ridiculously designed!

I am hoping to get the first three Dwarves finished today too so there may be a bit of an update later on!
All the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment