Thursday 4 October 2012

Pocket Necromunda?

Hi!

While I was taking some pics of some of my sculpts I quickly threw together some quick concept shots for an idea which has been rattling around in my head for a while. Pocket Necromunda:

 Redemptionist Crazies!

 House Militia

Essentially the idea is to try out Necromunda or one of its offshoots such as Inquisimunda or In the Emperors Name in a different scale. I have a fair number of figures to choose from and quite a bit of plastic platformer scenery, not to mention lots of cardboard and other bits of detritus which would come in handy.

I do think that most figures I use will need to be heavily converted or sculpted individually as at present theres lots of military types and rifle wielding figures on the market but not too many with pistols, swords and other implements of violence so beloved in the classic game.

I would be interested to hear what other folks think and if they have tried anything similar themselves as I think it could be quite a bit of fun!

I also found these little fellows amongst my Stainless Steel Rat collection:

Robots!

They are a bit of a mix of 6mm scale Epic stuff, 10mm Mechwarrior, Laserburn 15mm and even a scratch build too but they make decent robots in 15mm scale and could make even better objectives or NPCs in any game!

All the best!

1 comment:

  1. Ever since I saw Dredd, I've been thinking about this sort of setting and trying to figure out how to make Mega Block terrain. I'll be watching your project with interest but don't be surprised if I borrow an idea or three.

    -Eli

    ReplyDelete